Guests able to provide evidence of their disability will be entitled to bring a carer free of charge should the person with the disability feel they require extra assistance whilst navigating the Resort.
For proof of disability please bring ONE of the following forms of documentation:
- Entitlement to Disability Living Allowance for children under 16 or DLA/Personal Independent Payments (PIP) for those aged 16-64, either in the form of a letter stating that the benefit has been awarded, or the actual Allowance book.
- Attendance Allowance or Carer's Allowance letter of award.
- Incapacity Benefit books, or a letter notifying the recipient that the benefit has been awarded Incapacity Benefit or Employment and Support Allowance (ESA).
- A valid Blue Badge.
- In the case of visual impairment, a registration card known as the BD8 or a Certificate of Visual Impairment (CVI).
- A local authority registration document which is local to the attraction where it is being submitted.
- A recognised Assistance Dog ID Card.
- Credibility’s Access Card.
Please note that all documentation should be dated within 2 years. We are unable to accept expired Blue Badges.
The carer is required to be at least 14 years of age. Please note children under 14 must be accompanied by someone aged 16+ years.
Please note that all guests, including carers, must meet all ride restrictions in order to board any ride or attraction. Some rides required guests under 1.3m to be accompanied by a responsible person who is at least 16 years of age.
In addition, some attractions will not be able to accommodate 2 adults in one ride unit – we would recommend checking the information our Ride Restriction boards to confirm that your chosen attraction is suitable.
If you require further information, please contact our Accessibility Experience Team via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or on the day speak to a member of staff who would be happy to assist you further.